What is "Functional Training"?
The term can include a large range of exercises and equipment, and it can apply to sport performance training, rehabilitation , corrective posture, and training for improved daily life.
Simply put, Functional Training is about proper movement. This makes Functional Training great for Everyone!
Functional Training for Sport Performance
- Proper cross training is critical to counter the negative effects of repetitive motions common in many sport movements
- Increasing efficiency of motor patterns through Functional Training allows for optimal power generation, which is vital in many sports
- Improving joint mobility and stability can decrease the potential for an injury sustained in sport performance
Functional Training for Rehabilitation
- Before, during, and after Physical Therapy for an injury or surgery, Functional Training can be incorporated in order to help you return more quickly to normal activity and exercise
- Exercises that mimic what patients do at home or work are implemented by a trainer
- Our trainers with Corrective Exercise and Rehabilitation Specialties will work closely with your Physical Therapist and Doctor to get you stronger than before the injury
Functional Training for Daily Life
- Exercises that will help train you to perform the activities of daily life more easily and without injuries
- Combat the effect of sitting or standing all day at work and address chronic pain issues that result from a sedentary lifestyle
- Restoring proper movement patterns allows your body to utilize energy more effectively, supporting weight loss and maintenance goals as well
- Functional Training workouts are typically more time efficient than workouts that incorporate mainly isolated movements, making them easier to fit into a busy schedule